Hello, Im using alfresco 5.2, Windows server R2 and with all the explorer (chrome, firefox and IE) and when I try to preview a file, the pdf is misplace, I can see the information but is in the wrong way. I'm attaching the image. Does anybody knows why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valerielewis1
Member II

Hello, Im using alfresco 5.2, Windows server R2 and with all the explorer (chrome, firefox and IE) and when I try to preview a file, the pdf is misplace, I can see the information but is in the wrong way. I'm attaching the image. Does anybody knows why?

8 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: Hello, Im using alfresco 5.2, Windows server R2 and with all the explorer (chrome, firefox and IE) and when I try to preview a file, the pdf is misplace, I can see the information but is in the wrong way. I'm attaching the image. Does anybody knows w

Please re-frame the question and put it properly.Not able to get what exact thing in which you are facing issue.

valerielewis1
Member II

Re: Hello, Im using alfresco 5.2, Windows server R2 and with all the explorer (chrome, firefox and IE) and when I try to preview a file, the pdf is misplace, I can see the information but is in the wrong way. I'm attaching the image. Does anybody knows w

Hello

I'm trying to do the preview of a document resulting from the end of the task flow. When I open it in that preview, it looks like the image that is attached. The boxes that should contain the text are moved to the sides and the text comes out of them. If I download the file, I can see it correctly. 

jpotts
Professional

It is possible that the layout of the original file is causing a problem. Alfresco uses LibreOffice to transform office documents into PDF documents. Is your original document an Office document? If so, you might open it on your local machine in LibreOffice and save it as PDF and see if you get the same problem. If you do, there's not much you can do.

Alfresco offers a paid product that uses Microsoft Office to do native transformations of Office documents. So if this is a chronic problem and you have the budget, you might investigate Transformation Server to see if it is a fit.

afaust
Master

But be aware that the Transformation Servier requires you also have an Alfresco Enterprise / Content Services subscription, which - if you don't have one already - will add significant cost in addition to just the Transformation Server module. An alternative (which one of my Alfresco Enterprise customers has chosen over the Transformation Server) could be a 3rd party conversion tool that is doing transformations with native MS Office. My customer specifically is using the Document Converter from PDF Tools

valerielewis1
Member II

Thank you very much, the document that arrives at the end of the flow is always a pdf, I'm doing the test that you told me to download the libreoffice to my computer and see if it looks correct, I'll let you knoe if it works.

valerielewis1
Member II

We have done the test you told us, and in our computer with the libreoffice the document looks correct. The incidence occurs only when we are doing the preview from the web. The document from the beginning of the process until it ends, is always a pdf, there are no transformations involved.

jpotts
Professional

Re: Hello, Im using alfresco 5.2, Windows server R2 and with all the explorer (chrome, firefox and IE) and when I try to preview a file, the pdf is misplace, I can see the information but is in the wrong way.  I'm attaching the image. Does anybody knows w

In your test you are running the exact same version of LibreOffice as Alfresco is running, and you are starting with the exact same document, but the resulting PDF is different when Alfresco does the transformation versus when you do the transformation manually?

valerielewis1
Member II

Yes ‌. That's exactly what is happening.