Helping with development over ACS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinTichovsky
Member II

Helping with development over ACS

Hi people, I am Martin, CTO at open-source startup ISFG. I am looking for experienced Alfresco Developer (senior) who is capable to help us or assist in finding development answers to technical development questions we have. As you know, documentation is not perfect and I believe here in hub, there are many experts willing to provide consultancy services. Anybody interested or recomended? Mostly we are using Alfresco API. Let me know, your feedback is appreciated. Martin

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Helping with development over ACS

Hello Martin,

there are quite a few experienced Alfresco Developers in this community who will be happy to help with development questions if you ask them on this platform. Some - like myself - will also be available for on-demand consultancy services, but this platform was not necessarily set up to be an comprehensive / fair platform for freelancers / experts to offer their services. From my own experiences with various partners and freelancers, only a very small number of the people I would consider (really) experienced Alfresco developers are regularly active here.

As I can see from your profile, you are based in the Czech Republic, so I assume you are probably looking primarily for European people, or are you open to work with international people as well? This would be useful information for our members from Asia, North and South America (I am not aware whether we have (m)any members from Oceania / Africa here).

Also, when you refer to the Alfresco API, you may want to clarify which parts of the API you mean by that, because the API that Alfresco provides cover a wide range of technologies, e.g. Java / JavaScript API inside the ACS application, ReST API, JavaScript API for client-side frameworks, etc.

MartinTichovsky
Member II

Hello,

thank you for your quick response. Location does not matter to me but i prefer Europe region if not I am fine with any other. What I really need is someone who is able to let say instantly respond to my questions. Most f the time I am working with Alfresco API and for example one thing what i need to clarify is how to reach some result via searching or how to get data, filter data etc. Other areas which i need to clarify are things regarding audit log, administration, custom content model. All these things which I briefly pointed above is from development point of view. 
Response in hub or from Alfresco support itself what I experienced is not good (long waiting time). I am responsible for developing a product where i do not have such a time for long responses so i need some reference who will be let say most of the time on our Slack channel and be able to answer my questions. Of course it should be someone who has deep knowledge and understanding from development side of Alfresco. So your help or your referral to someone is more than appreciated. Do you know who i can contact directly on email or via LinkedIn?

Thanks

afaust
Master

There is no central directory / manager to contact who could give you dozens of referrals. On LinkedIn there are several groups that you might use to ask for more interested parties, e.g. Alfresco Professionals (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3396116/), Alfresco Freelancers (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2516405/) or Alfresco developers (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/111865/). I am in all three of these groups, but to be honest, I have never found any value in any of the business network's groups / forums features as most of the time the real experts are not active therein and are typically discouraged from participation by a slew of low quality, sales-y or head hunter-y posts that degrade the experience.

We as the Order of the Bee have offered members of the community the ability to self-register in a Professional Services Network (https://orderofthebee.net/professionals/), but interest in this has been low recently and few members have ever actively contacted us to update their information once registered.

There also is an Alfresco Discord channel (https://discordapp.com/invite/f7XntQN) for more immediate questions / answers with members of the community, if the forum takes too long for you.

One thing I'd like to do is manage expectations - unless you hire an experienced developer for full time availability in Slack, you will not always get your questions answered "instantly". E.g. I am in a sort-of similar arrangement with one of my customers like the one you outlined, meaning I am active on their Slack server and provide input on their questions / discussions when necessary / requested. But since I am also working on regular projects of other customers, and may even be travelling, they cannot expect instant / short-term answers from me all the time, otherwise they'd have to hire me as a regular developer of their team full time, or reserve a certain amount / blocks of time per day to not be working on other projects.
That said, and given how I am already working in a similar capacity for a customer, I would be available to work with you (or other parties who may read this in the future) in a similar manner.

MartinTichovsky
Member II

Hi, thank you for recommendation to Alfresco groups on LinkedIn.
Your time to help me is appreciated so i lets kick off conversations via LinkedIn and we will exchange more details.
Could you please provide name that i can contact you via LinkedIn directly or email?

Thank you

MartinTichovsky
Member II

Hello afaust,
can we exchange contacts that we can start direct conversation regarding specific topics?
Thank for your reply.