Hot reloading workflow content files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henrikr
Active Member II

Hot reloading workflow content files?

I have dabbled with Alfresco SDK for a couple of weeks now, and I've grown tired of the constant restart/reload/waiting between minor changes.

I found JRebel and HotSwapAgent for hot-reloading and got both working I think, but neither of them actually does what I want.

I am working on some custom workflows, but all the relevant files are xml-files, not java-files. No xml-files seem to ever be touched by them.

How do I make these files change aswell with JRebel? Or is there another way to update the content which is not Java some simple and quick way without the need of a complete restart?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: Hot reloading workflow content files?

No, there is no other way to do so. As far as workflow is a concern, you can reduce your frequency of restarts up to some extent by using Activiti community instance to design and test your workflow. You can export process file (xml) and use it once you're done. 

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
kintu_barot

Re: Hot reloading workflow content files?

There is an alternative to this hot-reloading. You can upload your bpmn20.xml (workflow process file) at the following path in the Alfresco repository in order to deploy it without restarting the server.

Repository>Data dictionary>Workflow Definitions>

Once you upload your process file, edit its properties and select 'Workflow Deployed' checkbox.

So if you want to test micro changes without restart then this is how you can do it.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu