cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pshen
Member II

How can I copy a file to a file share

Hello,

I'm new to Alfresco so please bear with me if my question sounds ignorant. In this .net core API project I'm working on I need to copy files on Alfresco to a file share on our network. I was wondering if it's possible to do this? If so, can you point me to where I can find documentation about this feature or how I should go about this task? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Ping

5 Replies
kaynezhang
Advanced

Re: How can I copy a file to a file share

I'm not sure whether I understand what you mean.
You can try to use dotcmis client library
https://chemistry.apache.org/dotnet/dotcmis.html
or you can use alfresco rest api
https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/concepts/dev-api-by-language-alf-rest.html

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @pshen & welcome to Alfresco!

Firstly, we all have to start somewhere, so you're question certainly does not sound ignorant! Smiley Wink

I suppose it depends on whether you're copying items individually/ad hoc (then @kaynezhang has shown you can use the API or CMIS) or you want to copy all items (then you could map a network drive in Windows). 

Perhaps if you could outline your requirement in a little more detail, that will help us to help you.

Take care,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
pshen
Member II

Thank you for your prompty response. In the project that I'll work on, the nodes in Alfresco that's on server A will need to be copied over to server B via an API on server C. I looked at dotcmis client library as suggested by @kaynezhang and it seems that it works for downloading files from Alfresco but if I download files first to server C and then copy them to server B it'll not be that efficient. I was wondering if there's a better way of doing it? Thanks again for your help!

pshen
Member II

Thank you. Really appreciate!

kaynezhang
Advanced