Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renato_fritola
Active Member II

How can I edit office documents online?

Jump to solution

How can I edit office documents online?

Is there any free edtir without the need to have the office installed locally?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: How can I edit office documents online?

Jump to solution

Yes, AOS can be used with MS Office, but that is only when Office is installed on everyone's machines. The OP is asking for something that works WITHOUT Office on the client.

You could use the Google Docs integration and edit Office documents online in Google Docs.

You could also look at OnlyOffice, which is like Google Docs but it can run on your own servers. There is an Alfresco OnlyOffice integration here: GitHub - cetra3/onlyoffice-alfresco: Alfresco Onlyoffice Integration 

Parshift offers commercially supported integration between OnlyOffice and Alfresco.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ranjeetsi
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hello ,

You will need to use AOS module for this.

Can you check this official documentation

Installing and configuring Alfresco Office Services | Alfresco Documentation 

Alfresco Content Services Certified Engineer (ACSCE)
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Yes, AOS can be used with MS Office, but that is only when Office is installed on everyone's machines. The OP is asking for something that works WITHOUT Office on the client.

You could use the Google Docs integration and edit Office documents online in Google Docs.

You could also look at OnlyOffice, which is like Google Docs but it can run on your own servers. There is an Alfresco OnlyOffice integration here: GitHub - cetra3/onlyoffice-alfresco: Alfresco Onlyoffice Integration 

Parshift offers commercially supported integration between OnlyOffice and Alfresco.

renato_fritola
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I'm using an Alfresco Docker container. I started a container from OnlyOffice (sudo docker run -i -t -d -p 8080: 80 onlyoffice / documentserver) and tried to configure the integration according to the documentation, but I was not successful. When I try to open the document in OnlyOffice the error occurs: 'OnlyOffice': DocsAPI is not defined!

The System tries to open the editing page but nothing happens.

Can you help me with this?
douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

As this problem is addon related, why not using the github page to raise a new issue and ask help for the developer?

I guess it is going to be easier for them to help you with this.

renato_fritola
Active Member II

Jump to solution

OK, vou verificar.

Obrigado.