How can I make Share aware of the SOLR 6 engine for Alfresco CE 201702?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_engel

How can I make Share aware of the SOLR 6 engine for Alfresco CE 201702?

Using Community Edition 201702 I have set up SOLR 6 and according to the SOLR management interface do get an index built. However, searching from Share does not return any result.

It also shows a warning "Alfresco is running without Share Services. See your System Administrator for more details.". Nevertheless in the Tomcat log file it says "INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.module.ModuleServiceImpl] [http-nio-8443-exec-6] Starting module 'alfresco-share-services' version 5.2.0."

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

THX!

3 Replies
mbajpai
Active Member II

Re: How can I make Share aware of the SOLR 6 engine for Alfresco CE 201702?

For the warning "Alfresco is running without share services ... "  you need to apply alfresco-share-services amp to alfresco.war.  See this thread-

https://community.alfresco.com/message/809928-re-how-to-deploy-both-alfresco-alfrescowar-and-alfresc... 

j_engel

Hi Mansha, thanks a lot for the suggestion, however the share services amp file is applied to alfresco.war (see start message above), that's why I am puzzled.

MMT-Tool shows

Module 'alfresco-aos-module' installed in '/srv/tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war'
   -    Title:        Alfresco Office Services Module
   -    Version:      1.1.5
   -    Install Date: Wed Mar 29 21:47:22 CEST 2017
   -    Description:   Allows applications that can talk to a SharePoint server to talk to your Alfresco installation
Module 'alfresco-share-services' installed in '/srv/tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war'
   -    Title:        Alfresco Share Services AMP
   -    Version:      5.2.0
   -    Install Date: Tue Mar 28 14:31:20 CEST 2017
   -    Description:   Module to be applied to alfresco.war, containing APIs for Alfresco Share

j_engel

Finally, part 1 is solved: Needed to configure solr.host, solr.port and(!) solr.baseUrl in alfresco-global.properties. The latter one I could not find in the documentation for SOLR 6. Now search works again.

Which leaves the weird Share services open...