How can we login to Alfresco share UI with third party applications???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kranthi
Active Member II

How can we login to Alfresco share UI with third party applications???

I am trying to login alfresco share in third-party application.I can alfresco services with ticket but same is not happening with alfresco share side.Is this possible login alfresco share in third party application if yes then how can we do this.Is this with ticket or any other way.

4 Replies
alxgomz
Alfresco Employee

Re: How can we login to Alfresco share UI with third party applications???

This question cannot really be answered without further description of the architecture, involving your 3rd party app, the authentication system and of course alfresco.

Are you trying to embed Share page in iframe from your 3rd party app? What is your use case exactly?

kranthi
Active Member II

I want to preview a document in third party application using alfresco share by getting session user credentials.Then want to do authentication in the  java backend. 

afaust
Master

I guess the context is the same as in  

alxgomz
Alfresco Employee

So, if Axel Faust‌ is pointing to a  previous post that describes the same use case, and if I understand it correctly, then I would say:

* If you trying to open Alfresco Share UI from within your portal, you need to setup some kind of SSO as Axel Faust‌ mentionned. As far as I know, Share doesn't offer an API you can rely on to build your portal (alfresco - repo side -  does). If you want to benefit from the full featured Share UI, use SSO (and it's much more simple once setup).

* If you want to get the preview doc and display it from within your own html code, then you can use the Alfresco REST API 

(see /alfresco/s/index/package/org/alfresco/repository/thumbnail) for which the ticket mecanism is available. CMIS is another option to get renditions from the repo.