How create users and enable Alfresco Share Admin Tools in Alfresco Community Docker Compose?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjunmony
Established Member

Re: How create users and enable Alfresco Share Admin Tools in Alfresco Community Docker Compose?

Hi David,

I'm seeing the share-config.xml in the below path of share image.

/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/share/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco

Share-config.xmlShare-config.xml
DavidJM

Re: How create users and enable Alfresco Share Admin Tools in Alfresco Community Docker Compose?

Thanks for the reply Arjunmony, i must be looking in the wrong places, do you know are installs different? This is 6.2 in a docker, is yours?Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 18.05.26.png 

sufo
Established Member II

DavidJM, check the setup prepared by @abhinavmishra14 where the share config is fixed: https://github.com/abhinavmishra14/change-acs-share-port-demo. You will get also support tools and jscript console installed as a bonus.

DavidJM

Thank you so much for your answer Sufo but i have to admin it is way beyond my capabilities! Untill Alfresco i hadnt used Docker at all, install and restart seems pretty easy, but as to configuration i havent a scooby!

I am pretty handy around a Linux box and was entirely happy with the XML fix that seems to be needed for this viewing users bug in 6.2 (and 7?). It may simply be easier if i downloaded a new build where it was fixed, does anyone know if one exists yet?

Looking at the extensive work on Abhinav Kumar Mishra's blog page it still referes to config files in /usr/local/tomcat but i simply dont have that install directory! Is it worth me starting again with a fresh default install?

Regards, David

arjunmony
Established Member

Yes its better to start fresh from scratch. Looks like there were couple of folders missing in the directory so i'm wondering whether its installed properly or not. So please prune the volumes give a try from scratch and lets see.

DavidJM

OK, i am not sure wether Alfresco is deliberatly being instransigent or i am being a muppet!

After all the problems editing Alfresco in Docker i went back to basics. I installed a vanilla Mint 19.2, updated everything and ran the scripts https://github.com/loftuxab/alfresco-ubuntu-install and it worked, for about 30 minutes!!

Now i cannot loging using admin/admin and i only have a website at :8080/share not :8080/alfresco, the web is full of people in the same position, but i have spent most of today trying 'fixes' and litterally nothing works. Non exhaustivly i have tried; dropping an recreating MySQL DB's, changing to PostgreSQL, editing countless conf files, nothing works!!!!

I am usually a pretty reasonable admin, but i simply do not understand why this is so difficult?

DavidJM

OK, we have a further update. I created another brand new install on Ubuntu and exactly the same thing happened. It worked untill a reboot, following the reboot i get 404 on 8080\alfresco and incorrect password on 8080\share.

I cannot see much in the logs (attached) to throw light on the issue. I have tried various JAVA memory options from JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1G -Xmx2G -Xss1024k" to JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1G -Xmx6G -Xss1024k"

I have tried changing the default JRE from export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre to the default java and i get NOTE: Picked up JDK_JAVA_OPTIONS: --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
Unrecognized option: -d64

Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

DavidJM

Sorry log files not attached, however i just noticed;

12-Apr-2021 17:50:25.817 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/alfresco]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:162)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:731)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:620)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1832)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to complete the scan for annotations for web application [/alfresco] due to a StackOverflowError. Possible root causes include a too low setting for -Xss and illegal cyclic inheritance dependencies. The class hierarchy being processed was [org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Boolean->org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERBoolean->org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Boolean]
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.checkHandlesTypes(ContextConfig.java:2098)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsStream(ContextConfig.java:2044)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsJar(ContextConfig.java:1989)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(ContextConfig.java:1959)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotations(ContextConfig.java:1913)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1156)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:773)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:307)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:95)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5262)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
... 10 more

12-Apr-2021 17:50:25.820 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Error deploying configuration descriptor /opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/alfresco.xml
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/alfresco]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:731)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:620)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1832)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)