How do I change the location of Alfresco's log files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
espressobeanies

How do I change the location of Alfresco's log files?

Jump to solution

I want to push all of my log files to a sub-folder in a different partition but right now they're all dumping into root or <Alfresco_DIR>/tomcat/logs. What settings in alfresco-global.properties do I change to achieve this? I saw a previous post on it with no complete explanation here:  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: How do I change the location of Alfresco's log files?

Jump to solution

That linked thread is extremely old, though the practice of configuring logging hasn't changed much since then at all. If you do a quick Google-search, you'll come across concise articles, like Toni de la Fuente‌'s Alfresco Tip: got the control and customize your logs (alfresco.log, share.log and solr.log)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

That linked thread is extremely old, though the practice of configuring logging hasn't changed much since then at all. If you do a quick Google-search, you'll come across concise articles, like Toni de la Fuente‌'s Alfresco Tip: got the control and customize your logs (alfresco.log, share.log and solr.log)

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

In addition to Axel's comment and Toni's post, there exist other logs managed by Tomcat when installing using Alfresco installer. For example, localhost, manager or host-manager logs are configured in $TOMCAT/conf/logging.properties. Localhost access logs are configured in valve's $TOMCAT/conf/server.xml. Finally catalina.out location may be configured in setenv.sh with CATALINA_OUT environment variable.

Regards.

--C.