how does common metadata fields from content alfresco work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawson5948
Member II

how does common metadata fields from content alfresco work?

I created with the help of model manager a custom type for my folders and all I want is to have some sort of popup window to fill all the properties and then spread to all the files inside that folder, Is there any relation with the rules of folders and common metadata fields from content?

Any help would be appreciate thanks.

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: how does common metadata fields from content alfresco work?

There "can" be a relation with folder rules. One way to achieve such a functionality would be to code a folder rule (using a script action) which reacts on the event that metadata (via aspects) is set on the folder, and then the script runs through all existing documents in that folder to copy the same metadata to those documents. Of course you would have to be careful to only copy the metadata that was set / you actually want, and rules unfortunately cannot determine what the metadata that was just set was - they only are able to access the full state as it now is.

Another way to achieve this kind of functionality would be to develop a repository-tier action which can be invoked via a form on a folder from Share / whatever client you are planning to use, and have that propagate the data entered into the form to all existing content nodes, without the need to actually set and duplicate the metadata on the folder first.