How frequently patches are released

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishd
Member II

How frequently patches are released

How frequently patches/service packs are released for a version say I am currently on 5.0.4. How frequently patches will be released so that I can plan for maintenance/down time in various Non Production and Production environments.

Does patching or minor version upgrade  require installation of product again?

3 Replies
janv
Alfresco Employee

Re: How frequently patches are released

Hi Manish,

Since you mention 5.0.4, I assume you're referring to Enterprise releases, hence you're best bet is to contact Alfresco Support directly for more details.

In summary, we release periodic service packs (SP) for supported versions. You may find the latest GA version, say 5.1.x (at time of writing) will receive more regular SPs than say 5.0.x or earlier. We also release hot fixes and other security fixes, as per the support escalation policy. Please refer to:

Maintenance | Alfresco 

Support Policies | Alfresco Documentation 

In terms of upgrades, see:

Upgrade Advice | Alfresco Documentation 

Upgrading | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards,

Jan

ps. for Community releases, we usually release monthly drops of latest code although in some cases these are marked as early access (EA) releases.

manishd
Member II

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes I am referring to enterprise release. Is there a link on the website that can give me information on how many times ,when , which critical alerts and service packs were published for Alfresco One since August 2015.

Regards

Manish

janv
Alfresco Employee

If you're already a customer then I believe you have access to this information via the customer support portal. In any case, please feel free to contact Alfresco Support directly.

Regards,

Jan