Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpatel

How tagging functionality works?

Jump to solution

Hi 

Greetings of the day!

Currently, I have facing one issue regarding tagging.

I want to get List of noderef form tag name from the particular folder(Ex. SiteName/documentLibrary/test).

I am using this method of tagging service

taggingService().findTaggedNodes()

It works fine but, it works on Lucene query. So a couple of time I didn't get updated result.

So someone please help on this issue, or Explain to me how tag store in alfresco.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: How tagging functionality works?

Jump to solution

Tags are stored as category nodes in Alfresco. When a node is tagged with a text value, the text value is actually resolved to a category node - if none exists, one is created - and then stored in a property of type d:noderef on the tagged node. The convenience that TaggingService provides is based completely on the text-based search functionality that the index provides and you will never be able to find a tagged node immediately after applying a tag, since the index is only eventually consistent. You'd need to execute transactional metadata queries (TMQ) written by yourself to resolve tags and tagged nodes without relying on the index.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Tags are stored as category nodes in Alfresco. When a node is tagged with a text value, the text value is actually resolved to a category node - if none exists, one is created - and then stored in a property of type d:noderef on the tagged node. The convenience that TaggingService provides is based completely on the text-based search functionality that the index provides and you will never be able to find a tagged node immediately after applying a tag, since the index is only eventually consistent. You'd need to execute transactional metadata queries (TMQ) written by yourself to resolve tags and tagged nodes without relying on the index.

kpatel

Jump to solution

Hi Axel Faust

Thank you for replay.

I search for that tag  TMQ but I can't get proper solutions, 

So can you please provide me that

Thank you.