How to add custom meta data in Alfresco One

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petermills
Member II

How to add custom meta data in Alfresco One

I'm trying to copy a series of custom meta-data fields from a clients environment to our local development environment to debug a problem with the integration.

Under the Edit Properties screen I have the standard set of fields on both environments:

Name

Title

Description

Mimetype

Author

Tags

I need to add about 15 custom fields spread over 3 sections to my development environment. They're all plain-text fields.

I've tried using Admin Tool\Model Manager - but nothing I type in here seems to have any impact.

What am I missing here?

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to add custom meta data in Alfresco One

For custom metadata you typically need to create custom types or aspects. There is an excellent tutorial about this written by Jeff Potts.

When you use the Alfresco Content Model Manager in Share you should prefer to create aspects instead of types. All of the aspects you create you should be able to select in the "Manage Aspects" action on a document, and when you have applied one or more aspects to a document, the fields that have been defined for that aspect should be visible in "Edit Properties".

petermills
Member II

Re: How to add custom meta data in Alfresco One

It turned out I had to revert to an older version of Alfresco Community, then apply the changes in the XML styles. Looks like the DotCMIS version we're using just doesn't want to play ball with the newer/trial releases.