How to add new fields in document property

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sneha-lolge

How to add new fields in document property

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project that requires additional new fields "File path" and "location status" (as drop down) in file properties. The fields that are already present in document properties are Name,Title,Description,Tags,Author and Mimetype. Can someone please help me out on this. In which file, changes are to be made to add these additional fields to file properties? I am using Alfresco 5.2.

ac1.png

4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to add new fields in document property

Hi @sneha-lolge 

You should be able to do this by creating a document type with an aspect with those two fields, then using the layout designer to position them next to the relevant field(s). So you would end up with something like this:

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 14.40.26.png

Take a look at the Admin Tools menu in Share.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
sneha-lolge

Hi,

This has worked for me, but still a little query on this, I have created a model "document" and included it's aspect in site"Dummy". I want to include this model to only this site in my alfresco share. How can it be achieved?

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @sneha-lolge 

So, if I understand correctly, you have a model called "document"  and you want it so that this model can only be created in a Site (called "Dummy")? So, to use a real world example, let's say you have a document model called "Invoice" that should only be used in a Site called "Accounts"? 

Furthermore, should only members of Dummy site be able to access these documents? 

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
sneha-lolge

Hi,

Yes, I wish to include the created model called "document" in only site "Dummy". The model should not be able to be used in rest of the sites in my alfresco share, I just want to restrict it to site "Dummy". And members of Dummy site should be able to access these document. How can it be achieved?

Thanks.