How to add/update value of property for selected documents in Share?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miroslav
Customer

How to add/update value of property for selected documents in Share?

Jump to solution

Hello,

is there any way to add / change value of given property for selected nodes / documents in a Share application? Action should by accessible only for specific document type (custom).

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to add/update value of property for selected documents in Share?

Jump to solution

Hi @miroslav 

Yes, I can see what you want to achieve but this isn't possible in Share out of the box. So you will need to do some/lots of custom code. A good place to start would be the docs tutorials on Share extensions. See also Jeff Pott's tutorials.

Alternatively, you could look at implementing this functionality using the Alfresco Developer Framework - this is the more future-proof approach. If you load http://localhost:8080/# you should see the Alfresco Content Application, which is built using the ADF. It's more lightweight in terms of functionality than Share, but was designed for a different use case.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @miroslav 

I'm wondering if you could elaborate your requirement a little more?

Do you mean update the custom property manually or via some action?

Are you thinking about bulk updating all documents of type 'custom' or individually?

Is the document property unique to the custom document type or shared across >1 document type?

Will the document properties be applied via an aspect?

Thanks,

miroslav
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi @EddieMay ,

the property is defined in custom type, I would like to select several files of given type (mycustomtype) and set the value (1) of the property (mycustomtype:myclassification) for all of them.

Thank you.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @miroslav 

Bulk update functionality is not really supported in Share - see this overview of what looks like a similar request to yours.

However, that's not to say it can't be done at all - this hub post has some pointers, and this post looks at alternative approaches.

HTH,

miroslav
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi @EddieMay,

thank you for your reply, I will go through the links.

Just to clarify my request. I have a custom model with a custom type and one custom property (XY), after selecting several documents of this type, I would like to select mentioned "Add value" action under the "Selected items" and set it to all selected documents. The action would be visible only if I select documents of given type (but this is not so important).

pic.png

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @miroslav 

Yes, I can see what you want to achieve but this isn't possible in Share out of the box. So you will need to do some/lots of custom code. A good place to start would be the docs tutorials on Share extensions. See also Jeff Pott's tutorials.

Alternatively, you could look at implementing this functionality using the Alfresco Developer Framework - this is the more future-proof approach. If you load http://localhost:8080/# you should see the Alfresco Content Application, which is built using the ADF. It's more lightweight in terms of functionality than Share, but was designed for a different use case.

HTH,