How to assign task to list of users from a particular group?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noohulalthaf

How to assign task to list of users from a particular group?

I have a requirement that when a user starts the workflow, he has to select the assignee only from the particular group, not all the users, i have tried to put assignee select button there, but it shows all the users , i need to show only the users  from a particular group when i select assignee. I hope that is possible, and how i can achieve that? Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: How to assign task to list of users from a particular group?

There are going to be lot of things you need to change.You need to analyse the component in a detailed manner.Few of the basic things are as below.

1. You need to customize the authority.ftl ,picker.inc.ftl,authority-finder.js  file and refer authority.ftl file in form configuration.
  2. In authority-finder.js , customize function onReady in such a way so that it will list only people which you want.
  3. You may need to customize the repository webscript as well for limiting the people list.
noohulalthaf

Yes, I think i need to customize many things  to achieve that, do you have any reference docs for that? I have found this article and tried it, but i haven't found solution. 

GitHub - dgcloud/alfresco-group-member-control: Custom form control that allows you to select users ... 

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Well I don't have any reference, but if you look at existing file and how it works, it will be good enough to start the development of it.I think the git project which you mentioned is incomplete.

noohulalthaf

Okay..Thanks for the info..

douglascrp
Advanced II

We have created an addon exactly for this kind of requirement.

Check it out at GitHub - dgcloud/alfresco-group-member-control: Custom form control that allows you to select users ... 

douglascrp
Advanced II

Ah, I haven't seen this answer before I added mine.

What exactly is not working for you?

That addon was created for this purpose, and it worked when I wrote it.

noohulalthaf

Hi,

Actually i have downloaded the project and it runs without any error , but i am not sure whether its working or not. As i am new to alfresco Can you guide me what exactly i need to do after running that project?

And if you can explain the steps to integrate that control in my project, that would be great.Thanks in advance