How To Auto Create SubFolder

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehdiana15

How To Auto Create SubFolder

Hi,

I'm having a CRM based on SQL Server Database, and i have on it Customer folders with numbers, and i want to make a trigger, once a new folder is created on the CRM, i want automatically create a folder with the same number of folder.

I'm lost, i don't know what to do to make this happen for me. I'll be grateful for you if you help me solve this issue.

Thanks

5 Replies
rashesh_ved
Active Member II

Re: How To Auto Create SubFolder

Can you please tell how have you integrated alfresco with your CRM??
So that i can suggest you possible way in alfresco for your issue.

ContCentric

mehdiana15

Hi Mr Rashesh, i still did not integrated alfresco with my CRM, that's what i'm looking for, and i want to get folders created automatically once a new operation has began.

rashesh_ved
Active Member II

Then I guess you need to look for this question's answer in the respective CRM community.
And if you wish let me know the name of CRM you're using I'll see if I can help you out with that. 

ContCentric

jpotts
Professional

If your CRM has the ability to invoke a RESTful API when a new folder is created in the CRM, then all you need to do is create a custom web script in Alfresco that takes the folder number as an argument and creates the folder when it is invoked.

If you don't know how to create web scripts in Alfresco, read this tutorial.

mehdiana15

Thank you so much Mr Jeff, i'll try it now and i'll give you my feedback in 2 days.