How to change default from address of outbound emails to a user's email address?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manav
Active Member II

How to change default from address of outbound emails to a user's email address?

Jump to solution

I am using Alfresco 5.1 Community Edition .

I have developed SSO and I wanted to change the default from address of outbound emails to a user's email address.

I am able to send emails .

Always the from address is set to my given user name mail.username=xyz@gmail.com.

mail.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.port=465
mail.encoding=UTF-8
mail.username=XYZ@gmail.com
mail.password=**********
mail.protocol=smtps
mail.from.enabled=false
mail.smtps.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtps.auth=true

mail.from.enabled=false
I have found that using above property we can enable from  address from mail.username=xyz@gmail.com to user's email address and we need to do some configuration in xyz@gmail.com id like adding alias Send emails from a different address or alias - Gmail Help .

But I am not able to change the default from address of outbound emails to a user's email address without above configuration like I don't wanted to add alias.

I wanted to do the same without above configuration.

Is there any way to change this? please help .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: How to change default from address of outbound emails to a user's email address?

Jump to solution

The only setting to change the default from address would be mail.from.default, but it only supports a static email address and will also run into the same issue you had when using mail.from.enabled (if the address is different than the user name).

The issue you are facing appears not to be a problem with Alfresco, but a limitation in GMail. Using mail.from.enabled IS the correct option in Alfresco, but if GMail makes this impossible to use then I'd say either "bad luck" or "use a better email service".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
manav
Active Member II

Re: How to change default from address of outbound emails to a user's email address?

Jump to solution

Hi Axel Faust‌,
Can you please guide me for this?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The only setting to change the default from address would be mail.from.default, but it only supports a static email address and will also run into the same issue you had when using mail.from.enabled (if the address is different than the user name).

The issue you are facing appears not to be a problem with Alfresco, but a limitation in GMail. Using mail.from.enabled IS the correct option in Alfresco, but if GMail makes this impossible to use then I'd say either "bad luck" or "use a better email service".