How to change the default My Activites dashlet to user specific?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eswbitto

How to change the default My Activites dashlet to user specific?

So we had ran into an issue about privacy, in particular, privacy about files that are accessed on a Site. So in order to comply with the request I've changed the filtering for the My Activities Dashlet to only show the current user that is logged in rather than a user being able to see other members of the same Site and what they do.

The following two files were created here: /opt/install/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/site-webscripts/org/alfresco/components/dashlets

my-activites.get.config.xml <config> <filter-range> <filter type="today" label="today" /> - Pastebin.com 

site-activities.get.config.xml <config> <filter-range> <filter type="today" label="today" /> - Pastebin.com 

The filtering works when you look at the default user dashboard or site dashboard the only option is the current user activites. The PROBLEM though is that it isn't showing this by default. It's showing "Everyone" by default and I want to be able to change that.

I looked at the following file: /opt/install/tomcat/webapps/share/components/dashlets/activites.js I've pasted it here for convenience: activities.js /** * Copyright (C) 2005-2014 Alfresco Software Limited. * * This file is - Pastebin.com 

I think that I need to change some values around line 158, but I'm not sure. I'm not that savvy in js yet and I have played around with changing the value from "all" to "mine". I'm sure that I need to create this same file in the tomcat/shared place so that it will overwrite this default file, but I'd like to get some insight to see if I'm going in the right direction or if I'm looking at the wrong file all together.

5 Replies
janv
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to change the default My Activites dashlet to user specific?

Please be aware that even if you change Share dashlet UI, the activity stream may still be accessible via APIs for those user's that know where to look ...

Regards,

Jan

eswbitto

Jan,

Do you happen to have a better approach that I may not have thought of? The majority of my users wouldn't have the technical skills to access it.

If its a lot easier to just disable the activities feed I would rather do that, but I'm not sure if that impacts auditing or not.

janv
Alfresco Employee

Yes, you should be able to disable the activity feeds (in the repo) although you may need to override certain properties &/or beans. I'm not sure if this is clearly documented anywhere.

It will not affect audit since the user activity streams are independently tracked and stored in dedicated tables (alf_activity_post -> alf_activity_feed).

Regards,

Jan

eswbitto

I tried a couple of different options.

Configuring the Alfresco 5 Activity Stream | vienergie 

This didn't work...

I also tried the option in the alfresco-global.properties file to add the following:

<code>

activities.feed.button.disable=true

</code>

That didn't work either.

I'm kinda at a loss where to go from here. I've searched through the docs and I can't seem to find where you can disable this option.

calvo

Hi,

I think this link could be useful. The answer of ‌:

Regards,