How to create a list of users on in Alfresco Share form?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnature
Established Member

How to create a list of users on in Alfresco Share form?

Jump to solution

Hi.

I am new and I am using Alfresco 5.1 community version.

Tell me please simple way to create form with list of users in Alfresco Share.

I have tried customize share-config-custom.xml

Use selectone.ftl with

<field id="xx:approver" label-id="prop.xx_approver" >
                           <control template="/org/alfresco/components/form/controls/selectone.ftl" >
                           <control-param name="options">/alfresco/service/api/people</control-param>
                           </control>
            </field>

is not the right way.

I have tried custom ftl but I cannot put user list into options.

How can I read users from Alfresco and put them into options of selectone?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: How to create a list of users on in Alfresco Share form?

Jump to solution

What do you mean by a list of users?

The select one form control is a simple combobox that will show a list of string values, and not complex objects like users. It will not allow you to define an webscript as the data source, as you tried.

How have you defined your custom property?

Is it a d:text property? or is it an association with cmSmiley Tongueerson objects.

If it is the second, then you have to do nothing, as the forms engine will use the right form control to allow you to search and select users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

What do you mean by a list of users?

The select one form control is a simple combobox that will show a list of string values, and not complex objects like users. It will not allow you to define an webscript as the data source, as you tried.

How have you defined your custom property?

Is it a d:text property? or is it an association with cmSmiley Tongueerson objects.

If it is the second, then you have to do nothing, as the forms engine will use the right form control to allow you to search and select users.

pnature
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.

I have defined my custom properties as d:text for the start.

I want to somehow use selectone as in case bpm:assignee. It is used in New Task process start. I cannot find how to do it.

I have tried use cmSmiley Tongueerson

<type name="ipp:headTask">
            <parent>bpm:activitiOutcomeTask</parent>
            <properties>
                <property name="ipp:assignee">
                    <type>cmSmiley Tongueerson</type>
                    <mandatory>true</mandatory>
                    <index enabled="true"/>
                </property>
            </properties>
            <associations/>
            <mandatory-aspects/>
        </type>

but I get org.alfresco.service.cmr.dictionary.DictionaryException: 05060000 Property type 'cmSmiley Tongueerson' of property 'ipp:assignee' is not found

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Ok, so in this case, what you need is an association, and not a property.

You can see how an association is defined by checking the bpm:assignee definition at community-edition-old/bpmModel.xml at master · Alfresco/community-edition-old · GitHub 

As you can see, it is a different kind of configuration, where you have a source (the object you are working on) and the target, in this case, a cmSmiley Tongueerson object.

If you use that configuration in your content model, share will know what component to use to allow you to select a person.

pnature
Established Member

Jump to solution

Yes. I have change it to

<association name="ipp:assignee">
       <title>Assignee</title>
       <source>
         <mandatory>false</mandatory>
         <many>false</many>
       </source>
       <target>
         <class>cm:person</class>
         <mandatory>false</mandatory>
         <many>false</many>
       </target>
     </association>

it works very good. Thank you.

But now I face the problem to get username from ipp:assignee and assign it to next task.

<userTask id="alfrescoUsertask1" name="Task" activiti:assignee="${headUserName}" activiti:formKey="ipp:headTask">
      <extensionElements>
        <activiti:taskListener event="complete" class="org.alfresco.repo.workflow.activiti.tasklistener.ScriptTaskListener">
          <activiti:field name="script">
            <activiti:string><![CDATA[
execution.setVariable('secondAssignee', task.getVariable('ipp_assignee'));]]></activiti:string>
          </activiti:field>
        </activiti:taskListener>
      </extensionElements>
    </userTask>
    <userTask id="alfrescoUsertask2" name="Assigned Task" activiti:assignee="${secondAssignee}" activiti:formKey="ipp:headTask">

Now I get this error

### The error may involve org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.HistoricTaskInstanceEntity.insertHistoricTaskInstance-Inline
   ### The error occurred while setting parameters
   ### SQL: insert into ACT_HI_TASKINST ( ID_, PROC_DEF_ID_, PROC_INST_ID_, EXECUTION_ID_, NAME_, PARENT_TASK_ID_, DESCRIPTION_, OWNER_, ASSIGNEE_, START_TIME_, CLAIM_TIME_, END_TIME_, DURATION_, DELETE_REASON_, TASK_DEF_KEY_, FORM_KEY_, PRIORITY_, DUE_DATE_, CATEGORY_, TENANT_ID_ ) values ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? )
   ### Cause: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Hodnota je príliš dlhá pre stĺpec "ASSIGNEE_ VARCHAR(255)": "'Node Type: {http://www.alfresco.org/model/content/1.0}person, Node Aspects: [{http://www.alfresco.org/model/content/1.0}ownable... (295)"
   Value too long for column "ASSIGNEE_ VARCHAR(255)": "'Node Type: {http://www.alfresco.org/model/content/1.0}person, Node Aspects: [{http://www.alfresco.org/model/content/1.0}ownable... (295)"; SQL statement:
   insert into ACT_HI_TASKINST ...

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Hello.

Can you try replacing this line

execution.setVariable('secondAssignee', task.getVariable('ipp_assignee'));

with this?

execution.setVariable('secondAssignee', task.getVariable('ipp_assignee').properties["cm:userName"]);
pnature
Established Member

Jump to solution

It looks fine. I have made workaround in java.

script:

execution.setVariable('nextAssigneeObject', task.getVariable('ipp_assignee'));

java:

final Map<Object, Object> registeredBeans = Context.getProcessEngineConfiguration().getBeans();
        final ServiceRegistry serviceRegistry = (ServiceRegistry)registeredBeans.get(ActivitiConstants.SERVICE_REGISTRY_BEAN_KEY);
        final NodeService nodeService = serviceRegistry.getNodeService();

ActivitiScriptNode scriptNode = (ActivitiScriptNode) execution.getVariable("nextAssigneeObject");
        NodeRef person = scriptNode.getNodeRef();
        final Map<QName, Serializable> properties = nodeService.getProperties(person);
        String assigneUsername = properties.get(ContentModel.PROP_USERNAME).toString();
        execution.setVariable("nextAssignee", assigneUsername);
script:
execution.setVariable('secondAssignee',execution.getVariable('nextAssignee'));