How to create facet filter with multiple select items from 'faceted-search'

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riya_soni42

How to create facet filter with multiple select items from 'faceted-search'

Hi,

I am new in alfresco 5.2. I want to create facet filter with multiple select  items from 'faceted-search'.
I have explored through search manager and also through the rest api (web-script) to do so. but it only creates the simple filter which alfresco used to deliver till version 5.1.

I have found this link while searching on google for it.
might be help full to you to understand my requirement

[SHA-1541] alfresco_search_FacetFilter: Select multiple items from 'faceted-search - Alfresco JIRA 

please help me out 

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to create facet filter with multiple select items from 'faceted-search'

As far as I know (and I have asked Alfresco staff this in a recent Tech Talk-Live about Search Services) the support for multi select facets is not exposed in any way in the Share user Interface yet. The focus was foremost on the ReST API layer. In order to handle multi select facets in Share you will likely Need a custom Aikau module for the filter controls and potentially even need to customise the data web script asl well as the Script API which may not (yet) expose Multi select facets to the JavaScript layer (so far I haven't seen any code change in that layer that I would associate with multi select facets). SEARCH-107 e.g. states only extensions to the public Java API.

andy1

Re: How to create facet filter with multiple select items from 'faceted-search'

‌ is correct. Multi-select faceting is only available at the public API layer.

For various reasons Share did not migrate to us the public API. The Java API and the public API changes are not all reflected in the JavaScript API. The public search API is driven by a POST request (similar to Elastic, SOLR, and similar). This is pretty flexible, and in principle, easy to extent. The Java API and JS APIs are not so easy to change without deploying a new version of content services. We, the search team, would like to be decoupled from these APIs and this dependency. The Java and JS APIs will (one day, most likely, ...) be a facade to the public API.  As this API is pretty generic, the plan is that we can just reflect the capabilities of the search engine behind it. We could add some new query thing, like listing the locales  to query on the request, only by changing the back end, adding some new bit to the JSON POST. This is why the public API will be leading the way; the rest will follow to a greater or lesser extent. (BTW I know this is not a great example as we already have this in the Java API and not yet in the public API

Share faceted search has some configuration and mapping that does not make sense in the public API - so it has some share specific logic. One part does make sense to include in the public API - the grouping of facet queries together - which will be coming soon, amongst other things.