cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rista
Member II

How to create properties which will be shown in the same column in table view

Hello,

I'm running Community Edition 7.3 and I've been tasked to create three simple models. Each model will be a new type/custom folder with a set of properties.

These properties will just be a constrained list of values. Basically each model will have its own lifecycle statuses that a user can choose from.

So for example if we have CustomFolder1 with a property:

cf1:status

The list of text values would be something like "In Work", "Completed", "Obsolete" etc.

We need this property to be displayed in table view as one of the columns. So I customized view renderer in share-config-custom.xml and included the cf1:status property column which works fine.

However, since it is essentially hardcoded this way, it obviously works only for the cf1:status property. What I need is to show statuses of the other two types, ie cf2:status and cf3:status in the same column. How would I go about doing this?

I'm new to Alfresco and possibly this is a completely backwards way of doing what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

3 Replies
NShort1
Member II

Re: How to create properties which will be shown in the same column in table view

@Rista wrote:

Hello,

I'm running Community Edition 7.3 and I've been tasked to create three simple models. Each model will be a new type/custom folder with a set of properties. GTA Portal

These properties will just be a constrained list of values. Basically each model will have its own lifecycle statuses that a user can choose from.

So for example if we have CustomFolder1 with a property:

cf1:status

The list of text values would be something like "In Work", "Completed", "Obsolete" etc.

We need this property to be displayed in table view as one of the columns. So I customized view renderer in share-config-custom.xml and included the cf1:status property column which works fine.

However, since it is essentially hardcoded this way, it obviously works only for the cf1:status property. What I need is to show statuses of the other two types, ie cf2:status and cf3:status in the same column. How would I go about doing this?

I'm new to Alfresco and possibly this is a completely backwards way of doing what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hello,

To display the status properties of multiple custom folders in the same column, you can modify the view renderer in share-config-custom.xml to use a dynamic approach that retrieves the property values based on the folder type.

Best regard,
NShort1

Rista
Member II

Re: How to create properties which will be shown in the same column in table view

Could you point me to some examples on how to achieve this dynamically?

Here's part of the code that I used to display the status property:

<view-renderer id="table" iconClass="table" label="button.view.table" index="50" widget="Alfresco.DocumentListTableViewRenderer">
            <dependencies>
               <js src="components/documentlibrary/documentlist-view-detailed.js" />
               <js src="components/documentlibrary/documentlist-view-table.js" />
               <js src="components/common/common-component-style-filter-chain.js" />
               <css src="components/documentlibrary/documentlist-view-table.css" />
            </dependencies>
            <json-config>
               {
                  "actions": {
                     "show": "true"
                  },
                  "indicators": {
                  },
                  "selector": {
                  },
                  "thumbnail": {
                  },
                  "propertyColumns": [
                     {
                        "property": "cf1:status",
                        "label": "Status",
                     },
		  ]
               }
           </json-config>
</view-renderer>
Rista
Member II

I'm back to this task and still having problems figuring out the solution. So if we have two custom types, t1 and t2 and each of them has a  "status" property:

t1:status

t2:status

How to display this property in the same column of table view? How do achieve this dynamically in share-config-custom.xml? Any help is greatly appreciated.