How to customise text on pages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbjelo
Member II

How to customise text on pages

Hi all, is it possible to change text on alfresco community web pages, for example text of tab names(Shared files etc..)?Thanks!

7 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: How to customise text on pages

You might start by looking at the Share source code. You can grep for "Shared Files" and find the places where it is set.

Once you've decided to make a change you can extend or override one or more web scripts to make the change. You can learn more about web scripts in my tutorial or by reading the docs.

There is no way to do it without some amount of code.

shyam_ghodasra
Active Member II

Hi Milovan,

Adding in to Jeff 's ans most of the label are coming from this file  "\tomcat\webapps\share\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\messages\slingshot.properties"

So you can override this property file and get your custom label..
Alfresco support Internationalization so if you are using any other language plz change respective properties file.

Thanks 
Shyam Ghodasra.

mbjelo
Member II

Hi,

I did grep "Shared Files" within all files in alfresco installation and change it to my custom text and it appeared in gui on all places except on main many, it is still there.

So, where label from main menu can be changed? Maybe it is hardcoded?

Best regards,

mbjelo
Member II

Hi,

I did grep "Shared Files" within all files in alfresco installation and change it to my custom text and it appeared in gui on all places except on main many, it is still there.

So, where label from main menu can be changed? Maybe it is hardcoded?

Best regards,

douglascrp
Advanced II

For the texts in the main menu you will have to search for them in the aikau project, here GitHub - Alfresco/Aikau: Aikau UI framework 

mbjelo
Member II

Thank you very much, I found jar file aikau-1.0.101.10 in my alfresco installation. I suppose I should search there?

Berst regards,

Draško

mbjelo
Member II

Thank you very much Douglas, I did it making changes in aikau-1.0.101.10.jar files and everything works fine.

Best regards