How to deploy amps on dockered Alfresco?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joko71
Active Member II

Re: How to deploy amps on dockered Alfresco?

I've exported these folders to my volumes folder which are key for web script deployment:

docker cp docker-alfresco_alfresco_1:/usr/local/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension ./volumes/webscript_context
docker cp docker-alfresco_alfresco_1:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes ./volumes/webscript_classes
docker cp docker-alfresco_alfresco_1:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib ./volumes/webscript_libs

I'll try to deploy Java code, JARs and XML in their respective folders and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Again: I don't think this is the right way of doing that.

You could do easilier by following some of the recommendations we gave you before.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
joko71
Active Member II

I appreciate what you're saying, but rebuilding image every time code is updated it seems like overkill to me. If this fails, I can always revert.

joko71
Active Member II

Update: This approach works.

I've made a test webscript and deployed it on my volumes and it works.

Only one has to be careful with Linux volume permissions, because Alfresco will complain and not work when docker-compose is started.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @joko71 

Glad you've found a workable solution! If you think this would be useful to other people, would you be willing to write up your method, etc? 

Take care,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
joko71
Active Member II

Maybe I will, it's still early to tell if this actually works. Everything is empty, Alfresco and a server which is to communicate with it.