Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anandhan
Active Member II

How to download OpenMigrate software?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have installed Alfresco Community Edition in Windows machine and trying to migrate the contents from SharePoint 2010 to Alfresco.How to download the OpenMigrate software for Windows platform? so far i couldn't find any link to download the software.

Links tried to get OpenMigrate

OpenMigrate | Alfresco

OpenMigrate - Configurable Migration Framework for ECM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: How to download OpenMigrate software?

Jump to solution

Someone from TSG will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe OpenMigrate is only available to TSG professional services customers. Once you are a customer of theirs, the source is open, but not until then.

Are you just migrating files out of SharePoint 2010 and into Alfresco or do you also need metadata on those files and data lists?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Someone from TSG will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe OpenMigrate is only available to TSG professional services customers. Once you are a customer of theirs, the source is open, but not until then.

Are you just migrating files out of SharePoint 2010 and into Alfresco or do you also need metadata on those files and data lists?

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

If you only need files, a Sharepoint site to Alfresco site and default site permissions mapping, you can use SPIEFolder 2010 for extracting documents from Sharepoint sites to disk. Then you can mount the disk in Alfresco server and use Filesystem Bulk Import for adding this data to Alfresco. 

SPIEFolder for SharePoint 2010 – Keith Richie  

Maybe you need to prepare a little bit the data for site to site mapping. Some helpers like alfresco-shell-tools, may help you to prepare target sites, groups, and users (if not using LDAP), if needed.

GitHub - ecm4u/alfresco-shell-tools: Automatically exported from code.google.com/p/alfresco-shell-to... 

If you need metadata, permissions at document level, custom permissions, or other Sharepoint features, it is very much complicated.

Regards.

--C.

anandhan
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I'm trying to migrate everything from SharePoint like docs, data lists, permissions, calendar, discussions, blogs etc..

anandhan
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I'm trying to migrate everything from SharePoint like docs, data lists, permissions, calendar, discussions, blogs etc.

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

You might take a look at SPListX, which is a paid product that can export SharePoint data. You can then take that data, massage it as needed, and then write scripts to import it into Alfresco.

You can also look at Apache ManifoldCF and Simflofy.