How to edit online documents in MS Office without prompting for login and password?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
folv
Member II

How to edit online documents in MS Office without prompting for login and password?

Install version of alfresco-community-installer-201704-linux-x64.bin

After logging in to alfresco / share / page / I choose any doc document.
I choose "Edit in MS Office" menu, the first prompt to open a file from an unconfirmed source and the second to enter a login and password appears.

After completing the login data, the document opens for editing.
Users in / share / authorize to use ldap-ad (windows server 2012 R2).

I have seen many examples unfortunately did not work properly.
The SSL proxy I have configured on nginx.
I have never been able to authorize by sso.

Examples of working configurations are welcome ;]

How can I get rid of both messages ?

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to edit online documents in MS Office without prompting for login and password?

You need to enable and configure either the passthru or kerberos authentication subsystem to enable SSO. Just using ldap-ad will never work without the login prompts. In addition, your clients need to be configured to trust the Alfresco host (typically Trusted Intranet Zone). You should also use SSL with a proper certificate (not self-signed) since newer Windows versions (7+) won't allow/trust non-encrypted connections to use integrated authentication by default.

folv
Member II

Re: How to edit online documents in MS Office without prompting for login and password?

Progress. Actually, as I added to the trusted zone, this is less than an SSL request.

Suppose you disable sync with ldap and logs in as an administrator, local user.
Can I disable the prompt when editing an Office document for my alfresco (www) users, windows users in AD?