How to extend Alfresco contentstore space by adding physical/virtual hard drive?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPSsupport
Customer

How to extend Alfresco contentstore space by adding physical/virtual hard drive?

Hi all,

We have an Alfresco Content services 5.2 instance running on a Windows 2016 Virtual Server where the available space capacity is declining very quickly and we will run out of space soon.

Is there any article to read or any idea about how to extend our contentstore  by adding a second virtual hard drive? Or it will be required to migrate the entire contentstore into a much larger hard drive?

Thank you in advance, any thoughts/solutions provided will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nikos 

3 Replies
openpj

Re: How to extend Alfresco contentstore space by adding physical/virtual hard drive?

Using the Enteprise edition you can add a new contentstore enabling the Multiple Content Store selector:

https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/5.2/admin/content-stores/#content-store-selector

If you are using the Community Edition you don't have any other solutions, so you should migrate everything in a larger storage. 

DPSsupport
Customer

Re: How to extend Alfresco contentstore space by adding physical/virtual hard drive?

Thank you @openpj for your response.

There is a point that confuses me, and I would appreciate some more assistance:

I can see that the ${dir.root} is defined in the alfresco-global. properties file (in our case is: dir.root=E:/alfresco-content-services/alf_data) and based on that the instructions suggest creating a sample-content-store-selector-context.xml file in the <extension> directory, using something this

<bean id="firstSharedFileContentStore" class="org.alfresco.repo.content.filestore.FileContentStore">
   <constructor-arg>
      <value>${dir.root}/storeA</value>
   </constructor-arg>
</bean>

It looks to me that new contestore "storeA" is part of the existing dir.root. What should we do if we need to create a second contentstore on a different physical hard drive / path. i.e. "D:/alfresco_data"?

Thanks in advance for any response/help provided.

openpj

You can define a new content store using a UNC path so the new file system can be external and it can be mount on the Alfresco server as the following:

<bean id="externalFileContentStore" class="org.alfresco.repo.content.filestore.FileContentStore">
   <constructor-arg>
      <value>//your/external/file/content/store/path</value>
   </constructor-arg>
</bean>