How to fix ActivitiesFeed to send daily emails?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upforsin

How to fix ActivitiesFeed to send daily emails?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to set up ActivitiesFeed. Firstly, I run into an error connected with bad email template (Alfresco bug, I fixed it by editing an activities-email.ftl). Since then, nothing in logs appeared but I also didn't receive any emails..

Email is configured correctly (I get test-emails on system start and user-joined-site emails), so why Alfresco's cron is not working?

On alfresco start, ActivitiesFeed is starting successfully.

2019-09-29 09:15:20,228 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] [main] Starting 'ActivitiesFeed' subsystem, ID: [ActivitiesFeed, default]
2019-09-29 09:15:20,700 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] [main] Startup of 'ActivitiesFeed' subsystem, ID: [ActivitiesFeed, default] complete

These are my settings in alfresco-global.properties:

activities.feed.notifier.repeatIntervalMins=1440
activities.feed.notifier.enabled=true
activities.feed.max.size=100
activities.feed.max.ageMins=44640
subscriptions.enabled=true
activities.feed.notifier.cronExpression=0 30 8 * * ?

It should send emails every day at 8:30 (today, on Sunday also, am I right?) but it does not.

What can be wrong?

Should I restart the machine?

Should I add activities.feed.notifier.startDelayMins=${system.cronJob.startDelayMinutes} or any other property?

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fedorow
Senior Member II

Re: How to fix ActivitiesFeed to send daily emails?

Jump to solution

Any errors in activities-email.ftl brake notifier process. So first of all revert version of activities-email.ftl to 1.0.

Second remove all additional notifier properties exept crone.

To aply any alfresco-global.properties changers Alfresco repo should be restarted.

Make some activities in Share and run manualy feedNotifierTrigger.

Does it works now?

To discover solution deeper set Log4J seting of o.a.r.a.feed.FeedNotifier to TRACE.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mitpatoliya

Jump to solution

There seems to be some confusion over configurations of activiti feeds.

Checkout following post. It looks like you need to add activities.feed.notifier.startDelayMins=${system.cronJob.startDelayMinutes} 

https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/ecm-archive/activities-feed-notifier/m-p/69281

upforsin

Jump to solution

Well, I also tried with this option but with no results :/

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
fedorow
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Any errors in activities-email.ftl brake notifier process. So first of all revert version of activities-email.ftl to 1.0.

Second remove all additional notifier properties exept crone.

To aply any alfresco-global.properties changers Alfresco repo should be restarted.

Make some activities in Share and run manualy feedNotifierTrigger.

Does it works now?

To discover solution deeper set Log4J seting of o.a.r.a.feed.FeedNotifier to TRACE.

upforsin

Jump to solution

I edited the activities-email.ftl (reverted it back to the up-to-date 1.0 version from github) and IT IS WORKING!! Thank you very much for the clue!

There were no logs, no errors, it was almost impossible to find out what's going on.

Anyway, for the next time, how can I manually run feedNotifierTrigger ? And which log4j.properties should I edit, in the Alfresco or Share webapps? (there is no such a setting as o.a.r.a.feed.FeedNotifier preconfigured in any of them)

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
fedorow
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Pay attention to very usefull tools OOTBee Support Tools

It makes posible run trigers, change log settings on the fly and many more without writing scripts or use api.