How to generate Key, Alias and Pswd for digital signature?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinvaz
Active Member II

How to generate Key, Alias and Pswd for digital signature?

Hi everybody!

I was talking with @EddieMay on other thread, wich was really helpful
What Im facing now is that I dont know how to create or generate the PK, alias and password for e-sign

I've installed pdf toolkit 1.4.0 both amp and amp_share file
The option for signing the doc appears, but it asks me for a key, a alias and a password, and I have no clue where to begin or how :/

Any help will be much appreciated!

32 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to generate Key, Alias and Pswd for digital signature?

That kind of signature could not be legal in your country, as it's based on a server side certificate that is stored by the user on the repository. When the user signs a document, a password is required in order to perform the signature on the server side.

Anyway, if you feel this is a legal method in your country, you need to create a Java Keystore with the user certificate inside. This link could help you: https://www.sslmarket.es/ssl/help-trabajar-con-los-certificados-en-java-keystore/

Hyland Developer Evangelist
Martinvaz
Active Member II

Thanks for te reply @angelborroy 

I didn't know about the legal issue. I live in Argentina.

So, what other method can I use to sign documents? The idea is when a workflow begins and passes by management or administration, the person in charge can sign it.

Do you know a better alternative? I've tried with PDF Toolkit, but it gets stuck when hitting the button.

Regards, 

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

You can try this one:

https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-esign-cert

It was developed according to Spain laws. I guess Argentina's laws are based in this one.

Martinvaz
Active Member II

Whenever I tried to download the amp repo and amp share file it says page not found.

What i did instal was the amp repo and amp share from alfresco-firma-pdf

The path where i've installed them is /var/www/html/alfresco/amps & var/www/html/alfresco/amps_share

Those were the only files i've installed, and then ran the apply.sh.
The red button to sign pdf appears, but it gets stuck loading for hours and do nothing.

Sin título.jpg

----------------x------------------

On another VM I've installed pdf toolkit 1.4.0 amp and amp_share, and there is where it asks me for the key, alias, etc

--------------x---------------------

I'm sorry if my question is noob, but this is the one and only thing missing to get Alfresco correctly running.
I can now see you are the repo owner, could you give me a hand by telling me, what are the files that i need to install?

Thanks for your help!

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

You need to download the AMPS from this page:

https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-esign-cert/releases

As you are using Alfresco 5.x, you need 1.7.2 release.

Once the AMPS are installed, you need a local program named AutoFirma available in https://firmaelectronica.gob.es/Home/Descargas.html

When you hit the button in Alfresco Share, AutoFirma local program is fired and you can choose a certificate in order to sign the document. The document is signed in locally in your computer and send to Alfresco for storage.

Martinvaz
Active Member II

Well, I've just downloaded and copyed the share and amp files in their respective directories

What I can't do is install AutoFirma.
I've downloaded for Linux, since im inside de VM, and it comes in two parts. AutoFirma_Linux.zip.part and AutoFirma_Linux.zip.

Do I need to unzip them or just let them in the download directory? I've tried unzip -q but wont let me..

How do I install it?

The button for sign pdf now appears with 3 fields: position, choose page, singature purpouse

Edit: do i need to have java installed? if i do a java -version it shows me it's not installed

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

You need to install AutoFirma in your client machine, not in the server.

Every user needs to install AutoFirma in their own PC.

Martinvaz
Active Member II

Understood!

Now I asume I need to generate my own certificate, right? SSL?

How do I do that? Need I do it from the server (inside the VM) or in my Windows environment?

Is it hard to create or generate a certificate?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

You can try using keytool:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19798-01/821-1841/gjrgy/