Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lex91
Active Member II

How to generate pdf from node and workflow metadata

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

I am new to alfresco and received a task in which I have to implement a way to generate a report (preferably a pdf document) containing metadata from a node and it's associated workflows.

The closest issue I found on the forum is Generate PDF from the node, however no one answered.

To elaborate: 

- I want to create an action that is available from the document-details view of every document in the repo

- On clicking this action,  a pdf should be generated and presented for downloading

- The pdf should contain some of the document's metadata, properties, comments and information from all the workflows associated to that document (workflow description, events, comments).

Is something like this possible?

Are webscripts the way to go?

What could I use to generate the pdf (preferably, something built-in)?

Any answer that could get me started or point me in the right direction is most welcome!

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: How to generate pdf from node and workflow metadata

Jump to solution

You can use any java based library and create a webscript/action-executor which will generate pdf based on the metadata of document or the workflow details.

Below is one of those library.

.NET (C#, VB.NET), COM & Java PDF Libraries, Components & APIs 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: How to generate pdf from node and workflow metadata

Jump to solution

You can use any java based library and create a webscript/action-executor which will generate pdf based on the metadata of document or the workflow details.

Below is one of those library.

.NET (C#, VB.NET), COM & Java PDF Libraries, Components & APIs