cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leela
Active Member II

How to give Server path for alf_data folders in alfresco community 5.2

Hello Everyone,

I have taken backup for alf_data folder using Task scheduler. I have stored my backup in Server and i made it as map drive, How to give network path in alfresco, kindly some one help me in resolving  the issue. thanks in advance.

Regards

Leela N

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to give Server path for alf_data folders in alfresco community 5.2

Why do you want to configure the path to your backup in Alfresco? There is no need for that. I don't understand your issue so can't help you to resolve it...

leela
Active Member II

Dear sir,

Thanks for your Response, To test my backup process, I have a script to take alf_data folder backup on my network drive and which has run successfully and now i have to test whether my backup process will work properly or not.. so i have installed alfresco on another server and connected to this network drive through alfresco-global.properties file and i modified only that path to alf_data, since alf_data is on network drive so i have mapped that drive to test server and given path as \\servername/DMS-BACKUPTEST/alf_data , Is it correct or some where else i have to do changes to connect the mapped network drive.

Regards

Leela N

afaust
Master

Ok, that makes more sense. Configuring the dir.root property in alfresco-global.properties to that network location should be all you need to do to test the backup. On Windows systems it supports UNC paths (I have a couple of customers using networked storage), provided the user account in which Alfresco is run has access to that.