cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajkr195
Customer

How to hide aspect from UI

Environment: Alresco6.2 (Enterprise) /Oracle/Microsoft-Active Directory/RedHat

I added an aspect "Classifiable - Software Document Classification", to a site's folder using Share UI.

Now all users having Collaborator/Manager/Admin rights can modify/remove it.

Question:

How can I hide the aspect associated with a folder in Document Library of a site so that its not visible on UI? What are the steps?

OR

How can I add an aspect using REST APIs ("ONLY") so that it is not visible on UI? What additional information in my JSON BODY should I send in order to make that aspect in-visible on UI to any user?

5 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to hide aspect from UI

Hi @ajkr195 

Have you looked at this post on Evaluators & Surf Extensions?

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
ajkr195
Customer

We use enterprise wars provided by ALF only and we are not using ALF SDK. I was wodering if somthing like (just a thought) http://dev.alfresco.com/resource/AlfrescoOne/5.0/PublicAPI/org/alfresco/repo/model/filefolder/Hidden... is available for version 6.1+. Thanks a lot for your help though. I am seeking help from other experts too here. 

ajkr195
Customer

Even this will work for us if we can restrict it to Admin Users only. - https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/restrict-manage-aspects-to-site-managers...

Now the question is -

Where we put this change in share-config-custom.xml?

Which section we should replace/edit for it?

Any help in this regarded will be greatly appreciated.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Can you please clarify your question?

-> Do you want to hide folders from selected users/groups etc.? 

-> Do you want to hide manage aspect action ?

"HiddenAspect" is used for a different purposes. 

It is recommended to embrace SDK, because sooner or later you would need it as you get more custom requests to enhance your system.

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

@ajkr195 wrote:

Even this will work for us if we can restrict it to Admin Users only. - https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/restrict-manage-aspects-to-site-managers...

Now the question is -

Where we put this change in share-config-custom.xml?

Which section we should replace/edit for it?

Any help in this regarded will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this is a share config change. Since you are not using SDK as of now, you can add the config available at:

$TOMCAT_HOME/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/share-config-custom.xml 

Note, if you are using docker containers, any changes made to containers will be lost when you restart them. So in that case, make the updates with help of DockerFile 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)