How to implement Azure AD Integration with alfresco community edition 5.2(We are installed alfresco in cloud).

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leela
Active Member II

Re: How to implement Azure AD Integration with alfresco community edition 5.2(We are installed alfresco in cloud).

i have installed using Ubantu 18.0, but my question is how to implement Azure AD in cloud, Is any other ways are to implement this one, Kindly do needful

usr
Member II

Re: How to implement Azure AD Integration with alfresco community edition 5.2(We are installed alfresco in cloud).

This may be a really stupid question, but are you sure, you are able to connect to the AD server from this linux instance?

Did you try

telnet xxx.onmicrosoft.com 389

What is the result?

leela
Active Member II

yes...sir, but i didn't get ans....

usr
Member II

This means, the problem has nothing to do with Alfresco. If your Linux is not able to contact the AD-server, then the setup is wrong. 

To use the Azure AD with Alfresco you will need an App like Alfresco (Link) as far as I know. 

That's why we are still using On-Premises AD. Then we don't need such Apps.

Someone from Microsoft agreed it would be difficult to integrate Alfresco into Azure AD without commercial support (like using this App and commercial Alfresco license).

heiko_robert

unfortunately the interesting part in your error stack is missing: Unable to connect to LDAP Serve$

you should try to connect the AD from servers command line independant from alfresco

trying:

telnet xxx.onmicrosoft.com 389

do you get a blinking prompt or just nothing/timeout? I guess MS does not give you access on port 389 from this machine.

try to query AD using ldapsearch from the command line.

leela
Active Member II

Thanks for your response,

I don't know how to use command line, can you share link to implement to connect the AD from servers command line.

leela
Active Member II

Here is my result.

root@APP-DB:/# telnet xxx.onmicrosoft.com 389
telnet: could not resolve xxx.onmicrosoft.com/389: No address associated with hostname
root@APP-DB:/#

heiko_robert

Hi Leela,

now you have everything you need to solve the problem for yourself

heiko_robert

sudo apt update && sudo apt -y install ldap-utils manpages
man ldapsearch