Active Member II

How to install Alfresco addon?

Jump to solution

Alfresco Community (Build: 201707)
===============================

- Alfresco Platform:    5.2.g
    - Alfresco Share:        5.2.f

Hello

Exploring more Alfresco I am trying to install the (Active Sessions) OOTBee Support Tools addon. However the OOTBee Support Tools are not being displayed under the ...8080/alfresco/s/admin page. Question, am I installing it correctly?

Hire are the steps I made:

1. Git cloned Alfresco Support Tools from https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-support-tools

2. Performed mvn install (support-tools-repo-1.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.amp file was generated)

3. Copied the AMP file to C:\alfresco-community/amps folder

4. From Alfresco folder ran the following command:

java -jar bin/alfresco-mmt.jar install amps/support-tools-repo-1.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.amp tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war

5. Ran following command:

java -jar bin/alfresco-mmt.jar list tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war

Output:

C:\alfresco-community>java -jar bin/alfresco-mmt.jar list tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war
Module 'ootbee-support-tools-repo' installed in 'tomcat/webapps/alfresco.war'
   -    Title:        OOTBee Support Tools - Repository Module
   -    Version:      1.1.0.0.1806221527
   -    Install Date: Sun Jun 24 22:20:27 EEST 2018
   -    Description:   Addon to enhance the Repository and Share Admin Console/Tools with new tools and make tools previously exclusive to the Enterprise Edition addon Alfresco Support Tools available in Community Edition

6. When I go to http://localhost:8080/alfresco/s/admin I see no OOTBee Support Tools.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: How to install Alfresco addon?

Jump to solution

One thing you are missing is the deletion of the unpacked tomcat/webapps/alfresco folder. If the folder still exists, it will not be refreshed by unpacking the alfresco.war (in which you installed the OOTBee Support Tools), resulting in the new tools not being displayed in the admin console. If you are using a default installation, you should have an apply_amps.sh script which already automates the installation as well as clearing of old data so that the installation works properly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

One thing you are missing is the deletion of the unpacked tomcat/webapps/alfresco folder. If the folder still exists, it will not be refreshed by unpacking the alfresco.war (in which you installed the OOTBee Support Tools), resulting in the new tools not being displayed in the admin console. If you are using a default installation, you should have an apply_amps.sh script which already automates the installation as well as clearing of old data so that the installation works properly.

elcamino
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hmm interesting, it works now even tho last time I also deleted alfresco folder. Thank you, got it working now.

Hire are the additional steps I took:

1. Uninstalled Alfresco

2. Installed Alfresco - (did not launch alfresco after install), (used default install settings)

3. Installed the OOTBee Support Tools addon

4. Started Alfresco service

5. Went to : http://localhost:8080/alfresco/s/admin/admin-communitysummary

elcamino
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Oh well I changed the port & it stopped working (at least it is working with the default configuration) (I will investigate the issue further) 

alfresco.port=9090

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server. (Does this application have access to alfresco-global.properties? Does this application have cross-context permissions?)

----

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

If you want to change the port, you also have to modify the server.xml in the tomcat/conf folder. The port change in alfresco-global.properties only affects various link / referral generation code snippets, but not the port that the Tomcat server actually listens to (which can be a reason for the error you see).