How to install ImageMagick on CentOS7

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hussain

How to install ImageMagick on CentOS7

I installed Alfresco Community 6.1.2 on CentOS7. The section on ImageMagick just says to install it. I used the command:

yum install ImageMagick ImageMagick-devel

The alfresco.log shows the error:

2019-08-02 14:09:16,595 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.magick.ImageMagickContentTransformerWorker] [localhost-startStop-1] Remote ImageMagick is not available for transformations. 07020018 Remote ImageMagick check failed to connect or to read the response

This appears to be a misconfiguration in alfresco-global.properties. I have tried various alternates of the settings but this error stays..

#img.root=/ImageMagick
img.root=/usr/bin
#img.dyn=${img.root}/lib
#img.dyn=/usr/lib64/ImageMagick-6.7.8/modules-Q16
img.dyn=/usr/lib64
img.exe=${img.root}/convert
#img.coders=${img.root}/modules/coders
#img.config=${img.root}/config
img.url=${img.root}/url

Why does the doc say to set img.root to /ImageMagick? Setting it to /usr/bin seems more logical as the convert command is in there.

1 Reply
samis

Re: How to install ImageMagick on CentOS7

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching how to configure ImageMagick in Alfresco Community 5.2 and I was able to find this configuration file from Keensoft that contained a working configuration for ImageMagick installed into CentOS with Yum. I imagine this should work with other Alfresco versions too

img.root=/usr/lib64/ImageMagick-6.7.8
img.dyn=/usr/bin
img.gslib=/usr/bin
img.exe=${img.dyn}/convert
img.config=${img.root}/config
img.coders=${img.root}/modules-Q16/coders

Source: https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-docker-template/blob/master/templates/5.0.d/alfresco/assets/alf...