Hi,

You have more information:

Supported Platforms | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards,

clv

afaust
Master

Re: How to install the alfresco community edition with External hosting server

Please do not re-post redundant questions within a short amount of time. You already posted the almost identical question in this thread.

aniruddha

so it cannot be deployed on any other application server other than they have speccifed?

i am looking to host alfresco on the internet so i need to deploy on the application server which provide online hosting  for eg godaddy.

dose it supports for hosting on the internet.

afaust
Master

Technically speaking, hosting is possible on any Java Servlet API 2.5 / 3.0 conformant application server. What you are asking has nothing to do with the "application server", but with a "hosting service". If a "hosting service" provides their technical infrastructure with an option to run Java servlet web applications, then chances are, you could also host Alfresco on it.

As far as I can see from the GoDaddy web site, they are only providing a simple LAMP-style hosting service, i.e. using a non-Java web server and combining that with tools / environments such as MySQL, PHP, python etc.

aniruddha

how to restrict the delete option(for his own document) for the contributor role.

aniruddha

How to install the alfresco community edition om the linux based hosting server?

afaust
Master

Sometimes I have the feeling you are averse to doing any Google searches or lookups in the documentation. I believe in one of the previous threads I have already linked to the installation documentation

aniruddha

No i just wanted to get a more specific solution,i believe that You guys are good at that so i would  directly  

prefer this to get more relevant solutions.

thank you.