cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miroslav
Customer

How to integrate Keycloak with Alfresco Community 6.2

Jump to solution

Hi, I've tried few tutorials how to integrate Keycloak with Alfresco, but in the case of the latest version of the platform, none of them worked for me (probably my mistake). Is there any tutorial that has been tested for Alfresco Community 6.2? In most cases, I ended up with "barrer" authentication, which Alfresco does not support.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: How to integrate Keycloak with Alfresco Community 6.2

Jump to solution

Yes, AIMS can be used in Community edition as well. Only the Share integration is not part of the last official community release and you'll either have to use a Share WAR from a different (Enterprise) release (Share is the same in Enterprise and Community) or wait until 7.0 is released.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

First of all, you should outline what kind of integration with Keycloak you want to achieve. The Alfresco Identity Management Service (AIMS) is based on Keycloak and supports Bearer authentication on the Repository, which can used with ADF-based applications out of the box. In Alfresco Enterprise 6.2.something they apparently added some support to Share, which will likely see a Community release with Alfresco 7.0 (whenever that happens to come out). There are various use cases of Keycloak integration that are currently entirely neglected by AIMS, which is the reason that I built my own integration.

miroslav
Customer

Jump to solution

Hello, thank you for your reply, I would like to set up single sign-on authentication using Active Directory for Share and Repository tier. I'll check the integration you mentioned. Alfresco Identity Management Service (AIMS) is also accessible in the community edition?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Yes, AIMS can be used in Community edition as well. Only the Share integration is not part of the last official community release and you'll either have to use a Share WAR from a different (Enterprise) release (Share is the same in Enterprise and Community) or wait until 7.0 is released.

anandsingh
Member II

Jump to solution

I was able to download Alfresco Content Services Community: 7.0.0 (alfresco-content-services-community-distribution-7.0.0.zip).  Do you know if Keycloak integration with Share is now included in 7.0 community edition?  I tried it but redirection to Keycloak does not happen.  Wondering if anyone able to integrate Share with Keycloak.

Matteo_Moretti
Member II

Jump to solution

I had the same problem

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @anandsingh 

Yes, I believe it is available for Share in ACS 7.0 - for both Community & Enterprise editions.

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
wejden
Member II

Jump to solution

@afaust 

Hello!

i already integrate alfresco to my projet with docker , and also integrate keycloak  .. i used basic configuration. so actully i can authentificate to alfresco with my own keycloak instance .  I only use  repository content ( no need for share at the moment).

My problem is how to manage rights/permission between alfresco and keycloak.

For example , i am trying to send claims (id:"") for example dynamically to my alfresco repository. it shoul be send in the jwt token? how to do it?

can u please give me an idea how to do it ? best way to do it?