How to keep favorite but remove like/comment/share from document library/detail and Site Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llavu

How to keep favorite but remove like/comment/share from document library/detail and Site Dashboard

I need to keep the favorite link but don't want to see the like/comments/share from multiple pages like:

1. Document Library
  2. Document Details
  3. Site Dashboard

I did follow the other link( here)  which is removing the favorite link too. Is there any other way to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance for your support.

3 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to keep favorite but remove like/comment/share from document library/detail and Site Dashboa

Hi @llavu & welcome to Alfresco!

Did you look at @cesarista blog post on disabling share functionality? This might provide the starting point for you.

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
llavu

Re: How to keep favorite but remove like/comment/share from document library/detail and Site Dashboa

@EddieMay Thanks for your response. Yes i did follow the other link which is removing favorite too. trying to find out how we can customize the configuration specific to "like/comment and share" only to remove.

upforsin

I made some time ago similiar customzation. I did not find any configuration for this so you have to manually override some files in the share module.

Quick steps:

1.  Create copy of my-documents.js and docsummary.js,  and override renderCellDetail function (you can find it in the share.js) and remove lines which are creating like/comments/share

2. Override my-documents.get.html.ftl and docsummary.get.html.ftl and change JavaScript dependecies

3.  Create copy of documentlist.js and remove lines which are creating like/comments/share

4.  Override documentlist-v2.get.html.ftl, documentlist.get.html.ftl, myfiles.get.html.ftl, sharedfiles.get.html.ftl  and change JavaScript dependecies

Steps 3,4 are for the standard Aflresco Share and 1,2 for the Aikau dashlets

howkymike
Alfresco Developer