How to know that it is safe to stop Alfresco?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chsun
Active Member II

How to know that it is safe to stop Alfresco?

Jump to solution

I want to deploy an extension to an production alfresco (community edition). The deployment requires restarting the system. I am afraid to break someone's editing if I restarts. How can I know if it is safe to stop the Alfresco system?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: How to know that it is safe to stop Alfresco?

Jump to solution

Check the access logs and if there isn't any activity for a while then stop/restart the system. If some people are doing Online Editing via Microsoft Office, you should see some periodic calls regarding locking / lock extension. If some people are doing Inline Editing in the Alfresco Share UI then you won't ever see any activity while they are working and it will be impossible for you to know if someone might be doing that right now. But that should not be your problem honestly, as long as you communicate your maintenance windows / downtimes in advance so that people know when they need to expect a temporary unavailability and know not to do this type of long running operation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Check the access logs and if there isn't any activity for a while then stop/restart the system. If some people are doing Online Editing via Microsoft Office, you should see some periodic calls regarding locking / lock extension. If some people are doing Inline Editing in the Alfresco Share UI then you won't ever see any activity while they are working and it will be impossible for you to know if someone might be doing that right now. But that should not be your problem honestly, as long as you communicate your maintenance windows / downtimes in advance so that people know when they need to expect a temporary unavailability and know not to do this type of long running operation.

chsun
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you.