cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidzuluaga5
Member II

How to notify about missing metadata?

Hi!

I am wondering if there is any way to control that all mandatory metadata is filled by the users, witout using the uploader-plus plugin. As far as I have experienced, it gets mandatory when user wants to edit properties of the folder/document, but before that, users have no need to add the required metadata in content model. Thanks!

4 Replies
rupeshsawaliya
Established Member

Re: How to notify about missing metadata?

Hi David,

I am not able to get the issue you are facing, Can you please explain it step by step?

Regards,

Rupesh Sawaliya

EnProwess Technologies

davidzuluaga5
Member II

Hi! Thanks for your answer!

Sure,

This is what happens:

I create a custom type of folder that includes REQUIRED fields, activate the model.

Once this is done, I can then assign that folder type to a specific folder. However, whenever this is done, a user is not required to enter the metadata UNLESS they clic on the properties Icon and they want to change some metadata.

Without clicking on the edit properties buton, the folder will remain WITHOUT any required metadata and users will using this folder, and this folder actually doesn't have the required metadata that then affects the search feature.

Do I make my point with this description?

Thanks!

David

rupeshsawaliya
Established Member

HI David,

Thanks for explaining issue,

The feature/functionality you needed requires custom development, there can be two approaches for doing it:

1. Customize change type feature and once type assigned then it redirects to the edit properties page of that folder/file for which type is changed and here user can fill up the mandatory meta-data.
  2. Customize change  type feature and once type is assigned then it should add default values to the mandatory meta-data.

I think option 1 will be feasible for your problem.

Best Regards,

Rupesh Sawaliya

EnProwess Technologies

davidzuluaga5
Member II

Many thanks for your valuable answer!! I will consider it.