How to override core CSS files in Share ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulclinton
Active Member II

How to override core CSS files in Share ?

Hey, I'm using Alfresco Community v5.2.0. What I'm trying to do is to convert Alfresco share to RTL format. I found that certain CSS files are needed to be altered for this, which are situated in /home/paul/alfresco-community/tomcat/webapps/share/css and  /home/paul/alfresco-community/tomcat/webapps/share/components. I was able to convert Share to RTL by altering these files directly, which I feel is not a good way to do. 

My question is, Is it possible to override these files. So that I can create a AMP file with the CSS changes and deploy it in alfresco? Instead of me altering the core CSS files.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to override core CSS files in Share ?

Using a custom theme you should be able to achieve the same thing without having to touch core files. Alternatively you can load additional CSS / JS files using Surf Extension modules, i.e. using a customization on the resources.get.html.ftl which loads most of the core CSS/JS.

paulclinton
Active Member II

Re: How to override core CSS files in Share ?

Thank you for the reply.

I did try to go with custom theme. But what I could do there was just change the visual aspects succh as colour, I guess that only Less variables can be overridden through that. What I want to change is the direction attributes.

And Using Surf extention modules, Say that there's a file base.css which is located inside {alfresco-home}/tomcat/webapps/share/css. I want to load this file and alter i as per my needs (i.e. changing the direction tags). How would I do it ? It would be easier for me if you could give me some examples on this. So that I can refer to it and work on it