How to perform automatic/scheduled backups in alfresco community 5.2 for windows?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajiv8495

How to perform automatic/scheduled backups in alfresco community 5.2 for windows?

Hi,

Can anyone mention the steps to perform automatic backup for the entire repository in alfresco share 5.2 for windows?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
dan18fan
Member II

Re: How to perform automatic/scheduled backups in alfresco community 5.2 for windows?

From what I have been experiencing since I'm new here too.. I did copy the "alf_data" folder located in my alfresco installation folder, then reinstalled Alfresco Community (without starting the service yet, uncheck that in the final installation step), copied the alf_data from the older installation to the new installation folder, it will ask you if you want to replace the files inside, you click yes, then you start the service again, and log in with your user and everything you had is there.

I've read some different things about "hot and cold" backups, something that I don't understand that much for now really, but this method worked for my needs, just gotta check if it works when a new alfresco community version comes out.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: How to perform automatic/scheduled backups in alfresco community 5.2 for windows?

First you should check what a backup is, and how it should be done.

A good source of information on the topic is following link Alfresco Backup and Disaster Recovery - White Paper.pdf - Google Drive 

And then you can check a simple script I created in the past to perform incremental backups on Windows

A simple incremental backup script for Alfresco on Windows · GitHub 

I hope you find this useful

rajiv8495

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for providing the solution. Can you please provide the steps to use the bat file?

Thanks,

Rajiv

rajiv8495

Can someone please help me out??

douglascrp
Advanced II

Well, all you have to do is to edit the script in order to reflect your environment (file paths, parameters, etc), and then use the Windows scheduler to execute it the time you want it.

rajiv8495

Whenever i try to run the script, I exits itself within 2-3 seconds. Is there any problem with the script?

Thanks

rajiv8495

I get this error when i run the bat file

douglascrp
Advanced II

Well, judging by the log file you shared, I see you executed the script without even trying to understand it. That is dangerous, and you should never do that. Can you imagine if it had a "delete" command somewhere?

Try to read and understand it, then do the required changes to match your environment (change the file paths, users and passwords) and only after that, execute it.