How to perform searches by metadata or aspects.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinMarques
Member II

How to perform searches by metadata or aspects.

Hello.

I'm using a version of Alfresco CE 201911. The one that in the past could be downloaded from Bitnami that came with its own installer.

There are some things that I don't quite understand or I'm surprised that it's not easier, and if it is I don't see it.

For example, I upload an image and in its exif properties I can put the name of the camera with which the photo was taken. But I don't see anywhere, not even in the advanced search engine, the way to search for images that have that specific camera name.

I have tried, and it has cost me, to configure the theme of the models. For that part I can search for certain data that I add, but when indicating my type it overwrites the previous type of the file. It seems that the solution would be to use an "aspect" but I seem to read that searches by aspects cannot be performed.

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

6 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to perform searches by metadata or aspects.

You may use different approaches for that:

https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/latest/using/search/

Or you can define a custom search form by using the Advanced Search.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
martinMarques
Member II

Yes, I had already read that link several times.

For example; in the exif section, camera manufacturer, I have canon. If I do a search with that word nothing comes up.

In other words, do I have to create advanced queries for each type of metadata that I want to search for?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

It depends on what you want to do: you can use a facet, you can create and advanced search form, you may use the REST/CMIS API or simply you can type in the search box something like this.

exif:manufracturer:"Canon"
martinMarques
Member II

Ok thank you very much that way it works.

Ok, to clarify. So looking for this type of information must be specified, it is not worth writing "canon" and everything comes out. That only works on the content of the file name.

I thought that being data handled by default by Alfresco it would be more "visual".

Finally.

Is it true that you can't search on "aspects" and that you can only search on types?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

When you type a single term on the UI search box (like Share or ACA), there is a default configuration that includes a set of out-of-the-box properties (cm:name, cm:title, cm:description, TEXT, and TAG). You may modify this catalago by customization: https://argondigital.com/blog/ecm/adding-metadata-fields-to-simple-search-and-live-search-with-alfre...

Not sure what means that only TYPES are searchable (and not ASPECTS), where did you read that?

openpj

I thought that being data handled by default by Alfresco it would be more "visual".

You have to configure your custom search form as @angelborroy suggested in his post.

For the advanced search without specifying any prefix means a full text search for Alfresco.

For the live search again @angelborroy described which fields are considered in the previous post.

Is it true that you can't search on "aspects" and that you can only search on types?

Wrong, you can search on aspects using the ASPECT statement or you can search for any indexed properties defined in your custom model. For example you can search for versioned contents with the following Lucene query:

ASPECT:"cm:versionable"

Or you can search for a specific version of your contents using the cm:versionLabel property defined in the cm:versionable aspect:

ASPECT:"cm:versionable" AND @cm\:versionLabel:"1.2"