cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philip_j_adam
Member II

How to prevent administrators to search into user spaces form the search box

Hi,

Some of our users use their space to store their personnal files.

When I use the search box of our alfresco, it retrieves files from user spaces which are personnal and shouldn't be displayed to me.

I suppose alfresco looks into every user space folder because I'm a member of ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATORS group etc. but I should NOT be able to see files from other users' spaces so easily with the search. OK to access files if I manually dive into the folder but when I use the search box I want to be like any simple user.

Is it possible to prevent this to happen? It would be easy to solve this problem by adding DENY permissions to user spaces for instance to say "ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATORS DENY read on USER SPACES or one user space" but it seams impossible.

Thank you

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to prevent administrators to search into user spaces form the search box

There is no way to deny members of the adminsitrator group access to any node. That is the whole point of the group, to have an all powerful account that can view/fix stuff even if users mess up (i.e. by setting permissions to a crazy state).

If you do not want that administrators regularly see user's content, maybe you should think about an administration concept wherein your admin users have both a regular account and an admin account, primarily work with the regular account and only use the admin account if they really need it.

philip_j_adam
Member II

Re: How to prevent administrators to search into user spaces form the search box

Thank you for you answer. This looks like the best solution anyway.