cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deeksha
Member II

Re: How to push alfresco uploaded document in dotCMS

Jump to solution

The document i have uploaded from alfresco interface only now there should be some rule configuration or java code may be require to execute at the time of rule trigger after that document get push in to the dotCMS.

Some dotCMS configuration also require that i will do and i know how to that.

I am looking alfresco configuration for pushing the document from alfresco to dotCMS.

resplin
Intermediate

Re: How to push alfresco uploaded document in dotCMS

Jump to solution

There are two general approaches to publishing content that is in Alfresco Content Services / Alfresco Community Edition through a web portal like dotCMS:

1. Push the content from the Alfresco Content Repository to the web presentation layer

2. Pull the content from Alfresco through a search

1 is often triggered by a "publish" event, and often involves using the FSTR or replication service. This is fairly complex and not very flexible.

Most people pursue approach 2, and include in the search query a check for a "published" aspect, or some other marker that the content is ready to go live.

In general, you can query the content from Alfresco using the industry standard CMIS APIs, or using the Alfresco specific REST APIs. This can be done from a customization in the web portal, or through an independent service that pulls from Alfresco and pushes into the web portal.

I suggest your next step is to check if dotCMS has a CMIS connector of some sort.