cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germangq
Partner

how to query all versions with CMIS

Jump to solution

I'm trying to make a query to get all history version of a document, but when I use #CMIS Workbench and check the option "search all versions" it gives me an error

CMIS Exception: invalidArgument
Search all version is not supported!

I don't know if this problem is just for the Workbench client and I still can't find the way to make a query with all history versions directly calling the repository from share.

Does anybody know if it is impossible to call all versions using CMIS and in the case that it is posible, can you help me to do it.

My query is the next

SELECT * FROM cmis:document  AS d WHERE CONTAINS(d, 'PATH:\"/app:company_home/st:sites/cm:my-site/cm:documentLibrary//*\"')

and i'm using it in an Alfresco.util.Ajax.request 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: how to query all versions with CMIS

Jump to solution

An important thing to refer to when connecting to any CMIS repository is its list of capabilities, aka, "Repository Info". The reason is that there are a number of optional features that a CMIS repository can choose to implement or not.

If you check the CMIS Repository Info for Alfresco 5.2, for example, you'll see that "All versions searchable" is set to false (see screenshot).

So this is not possible with Alfresco via CMIS.

Alfresco 5.2 CMIS Repository Info via Chemistry Workbench

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

An important thing to refer to when connecting to any CMIS repository is its list of capabilities, aka, "Repository Info". The reason is that there are a number of optional features that a CMIS repository can choose to implement or not.

If you check the CMIS Repository Info for Alfresco 5.2, for example, you'll see that "All versions searchable" is set to false (see screenshot).

So this is not possible with Alfresco via CMIS.

Alfresco 5.2 CMIS Repository Info via Chemistry Workbench

germangq
Partner

Jump to solution

Thanks Jeff,

Good point to start is cheking the CMIS Repository Info 

I solve my problem using the alfresco REST API versions 

Alfresco Content Services REST API Explorer