How to remove custom metadata field from the alfresco community records manager?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renato_fritola
Active Member II

How to remove custom metadata field from the alfresco community records manager?

I have created a custom metadata field in the registry manager, I am an administrator, however there is no option to remove the field. How can I do this? I am using version 3.0 of the module.

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How to remove custom metadata field from the alfresco community records manager?

What is the "Regsitry Manager"? I have never heard of such a feature in Alfresco out-of-the-box and am not aware of an addon by that name. If you are asking about some third party module, you should always include a link to the module's project page / vendor. It is also assumed that you have already asked the developer / vendor of this module for help in whatever forum / support system they provide (e.g. GItHub issues).

renato_fritola
Active Member II

Re:  How to remove custom metadata field from the alfresco community records manager?

Sorry Axel, how I use translator ended up getting the wrong word. 
I meant Alfresco RM - Record Manager.
I created a custom metadata and marked it as mandatory only after I saw that it was not possible to delete or remove the requirement. I would like to check if there is any way to remove these custom fields as they are impacting on the use of the system.
Thank you!
Overwerkt
Customer

Re: Re:  How to remove custom metadata field from the alfresco community records manager?

I see that you asked this question 3 1/2 years ago and no one answered it.  I'm having this exact same problem in Alfresco Content Services 7.2 with Alfresco Governance Services 7.2.

I created custom metadata for Records named "Record Owner" and it was mandatory. Now we have decided that not only do we not want it to be a system enforced field, we do not want to use it at all. Alfresco documentation says once you create custom metadata, you can't delete it.

But there has to be a way to either remove or disable this. If there isn't, it seems to me there should be.