cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upforsin

How to send email via IMAP?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I successfully configured IMAP, it is working with Thunderbird. But how can I send messages to another Alfresco users? I tried to set "Outgoing Server" in Thunderbird to Alfresco's domain but it does not work.

I know I can connect it to my personal account and from there I can send emails but how can I send emails to Alfresco users? (whose emails only exists on the Alfresco platform)

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to send email via IMAP?

Jump to solution

IMAP is a mailbox protocol. It does not (natively) support sending mail, only accessing it. In order to send mail you must use SMTP.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

6 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

You could use SMTP configuration to send emails.

upforsin

Jump to solution

Yeah, now I'm using SMTP to connect to my personal account on Gmail and send emails from there. But how can use SMTP to connect to the Alfresco's domain?

I have configured Outbound SMTP configuration properties but it only allows my to send email outside the Alfresco.

Ideally, I want the same settings for Inbound and Outbound email. (I need to be able to communicate only with the Alfresco users, their emails should not exist outside the domain)

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

IMAP is a mailbox protocol. It does not (natively) support sending mail, only accessing it. In order to send mail you must use SMTP.

upforsin

Jump to solution

Thank you.

That is what I was afraid to acknowledge...

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I'm not shure if I get youre Intention... you want to send EMails from Alfresco to youre Alfresco Users? Where should the Mails appear in Alfresco?
You can achieve anything, if you Setup an external SMTP mailer and some scripts...

upforsin

Jump to solution

Yes, that is my intention. Every Alfresco user should be able to send an email to another Alfresco user.

I though emails could be shown in the Thunderbird client or Alfresco Share (I can create a custom dashlet)

howkymike
Alfresco Developer