cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuradha1
Active Member II

how to set mail notification fro, one user to another user

dear team,

I need to start work flow and assign to someone.If I am a normal user(not Admin),how I assign with email notification.

I tried several times.But,There Is an error message.

tell me the reason and help me to resolve it.

Thank You.

5 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: how to set mail notification fro, one user to anoher user

There might be couple of reason behind this.For identification will be needing the bpmn file.

If you have written mail notification code by your self, there might be some issue in that.

anuradha1
Active Member II

Thanks Krutik.

But this error comes when i try to start a workflow using default workflow. I have tried to find bpmn files for those workflows, but i'm unable to find them. I haven't did any code for mail notification sending, but only did some configurations in alfresco-global.properties file. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you.

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

can you add your configuration here?is your mail server working perfactly?

jpotts
Professional

Create a test folder somewhere, it does not matter where. Then add a folder rule on that test folder. The action for the folder rule should be to send an email to your email address when a document is created or added to the folder.

Once your rule is in place, drop a document into the folder and verify that you received an email.

If not, go look in the server log and determine why. If it is not obvious to you, then share the full stack trace with us.

If email is working in general, then there must be something else going on with your process. To debug that you can turn on the Rhino Script Debugger on the repo tier by editing log4j.properties, then try kicking off your workflow again. You should be able to step through any JavaScript that you have added to your process and find the bug that is preventing your workflow from starting.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: how to set mail notification fro, one user to another user

Try setting the property bellow inside the alfresco-global.properties file:

mail.from.enabled=false

I have faced this kind of problem before, and in my case, it was because Alfresco was trying to use the current logged in user's email address to send the email, and as alfresco has no idea about the user's email password, it failed.

Whith that property in place, Alfresco will always use the email account configured in the SMTP section.

I guess it is working for you with the admin user because, usually, the admin's email is the same account used to configure the SMTP for Alfresco.