How to setup Full Text Search in Community Edition 6.2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wing
Member II

How to setup Full Text Search in Community Edition 6.2?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I’ve installed an Alfresco Community Edition 6.2. And I tried to test the Full Text Search, but failed. The installation consists of the components as below:

alfresco-content-services-community-distribution-6.2.0-ga.zip

alfresco-file-transfer-receiver-6.2.1.zip

alfresco-search-services-1.4.0.zip

apache-activemq-5.15.8-bin.tar

apache-tomcat-8.5.43.zip

jdk-14.0.2_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz

After the installation was completed, I copied a simple text file (with English words only) into the repository. But when I tried to search the content of the text file, no file was found. The Full Text Search feature seems not activated. Is there any point that I should aware of during the system setup? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Wing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaynezhang
Advanced

Re: How to setup Full Text Search in Community Edition 6.2?

Jump to solution

You can search metadata dose not mean you have configured acs and solr  properly. By default db support metadata search.
I don't know which language you are using to query alfresco,if inTree is supported in cmis  language or path query is supoort in afts language,then it means your solr metadata query works fine.

If solr metadata query works fine  and you only can't execute full text search ,then it must be that alfresco didn't extract text from content successfully, you can try to  set following property to true
legacy.transform.service.enabled=true
or you can install tika T-Engine and set local.transform.service.enabled=true

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaynezhang
Advanced

Jump to solution

There are two-way communication between the Alfresco Content Services server and the Solr server
Alfresco connect solr to search for data and solr connect to alfresco to index data.
So either solr is not configured properly or alfresco is not configured properly.

Wing
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi kaynezhang,

Thanks for the information! In my case, I can search the meta-data like title or description of the node, but not the content of the file. How can I verify the file content is indexed properly or not? Or any access permission is setup properly or not? Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Wing 

kaynezhang
Advanced

Jump to solution

You can search metadata dose not mean you have configured acs and solr  properly. By default db support metadata search.
I don't know which language you are using to query alfresco,if inTree is supported in cmis  language or path query is supoort in afts language,then it means your solr metadata query works fine.

If solr metadata query works fine  and you only can't execute full text search ,then it must be that alfresco didn't extract text from content successfully, you can try to  set following property to true
legacy.transform.service.enabled=true
or you can install tika T-Engine and set local.transform.service.enabled=true

Wing
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi kaynezhang,

Finally, it works. Thanks so much!

Best Regards,

Wing

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Wing 

Great news! And thanks for updating your post - really helpful to other users!

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!